ECHS Basketball Family,
Finally, we are back at it. As I told you all last week, while the season won't begin until March, we are permitted to begin our conditioning and skills work in a limited fashion, and we plan to start this week.
We will meet this Wednesday and Friday at 3:30pm at the lunch tables outside the gym, where I will conduct health screenings and ensure that everyone has filled out their waver (link below)
While we may not play actual games of basketball yet, nor may we share equipment, we may, at least for the time being, enter the gym in small numbers and get some shots up. Athletes will be distanced and will have to rebound for themselves, but a little basketball is much better than no basketball at all! We also have some outdoor hoops in the event that we must be outside.
A couple important points:
- Per school policy, prior to your student leaving the house, please make sure your student does not have a temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit and can answer no to the wellness screening questions.
- If you feel that your student should have a COVID-19 test or you have scheduled a COVID-19 test for you or anyone in your household, please keep your student home until you have received the test results.
- Students MUST bring masks to campus and wear them when doing their wellness screening. Coaches will wear masks at all times, and players will need to wear masks for all indoor activities.
- All families must complete the following waiver BEFORE their students are permitted to participate in our workouts
- These workouts are 100% voluntary, and will in no way impact a players potential position on a team once we get to the season. These are just intended to help get them ready!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I could not be more excited to see the boys and get back in the gym! I think we have all missed the game of basketball.