ECHS Athletes and Families,
We are receiving word today that the Outdoor and Indoor Youth and Recreational Adult Sports (April, 2020) guidance is no longer in
effect. Which means that masks are going to be required indoors for
• State order and CDPH school guidance require face covers in all
• There is no current guidance provides the option of allowing
students (other than those who are medically exempt) to not wear face
covers indoors during indoor practices and competitions.
• While athletic staff should exercise the discretion needed to
respond to immediate medical/safety needs, there are no authorizations
in place that permit schools to allow students to play or practice
- That the CIF San Diego Section wil follow the CDPH recommendation that masks be worn by athletes, coaches and fans at all times while in school gyms.
- The CIF San Diego Section expects home site administrators to enforce this policy.
- That “to tolerance” is no longer a thing and that masks should be
worn at all times during competitions indoors.
- A hard copy of a medical waiver signed by a doctor must be
produced and submitted to ECHS Athletics to be exempt from this policy.
Thank you for all your support as we "Play as One!"