Sweetwater Tournament Information
Good afternoon volleyball parents. Here is what I have for the tournament this weekend:
- Girls have early release at 1:00 p.m. on Friday. Games start at 3:00 p.m. so we all need to be at Sweetwater High School by 2:00 p.m.
- We need to leave ECHS by 1:15 p.m. to go to Sweetwater High School. Address: 2900 Highland Ave, National City, CA 91950.
- The following parents have volunteered to drive: Craig Webster - 6, Tony Moss - 5, Mimi Ong - 4. If these three can still drive, we will have enough to transport all of the girls to the tournament. If you plan to drive your daughter separately since you will stay for the games, please let me know so we can plan accordingly. Please be aware, if you plan to drive players to the games, you are expected to drive them back to ECHS after the games. We will not have vans to drive the players back to the school.
- Saturday games are TBD until I get bracket information late Friday night.
- There will be an entrance fee (see picture above) at all schools for fans. The price usually varies for children, adults, students, and seniors.
- Masks MUST be worn at all times while indoors. This includes fans. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
- Please coordinate to bring snacks and drinks for the girls as we are guaranteed to play three games on Friday, and at least two on Saturday.
- All Friday games will be "best of three" matches. Most likely Saturday as well.
Our Friday pool is attached to this email for your viewing. We are third (3) in our pool and have some heavy competition on Friday, but this will help us to get placed in a better pool for Saturday.
- I would like us all to go to dinner as a team on Friday night after all of our games are done. Families are invited. There is a great taco shop across the street from Sweetwater HS! If we finish as scheduled, we should be done playing between 8:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Here is our schedule for Friday:
- 1 vs 4 (Ref 2) – 3pm
- 2 vs 3 (Ref 1) – 4pm
- 1 vs 4 (Ref 3) – 5pm
- 2 vs 3 (Ref 1) – 6pm
- 3 vs 4 (Ref 2) – 7pm
- 1 vs 2 (Ref 4) – 8pm
Coach Andy Koski